Monday, October 12, 2009

Week Three... Sailing on the Sea

So this week was spent trapped on a one hundred and some odd foot ship. Um, yep. Some call that a "fun time" others call it "a week from hell." I was leaving more towards the second option. As per usual something had to go wrong. The week started out not so bad, just a few personal issues getting me down. But as I got more comfortable on the ship it got better. Then, I was on a night watch with my darling, Kaity when it took a turn for the worst. I was sitting on the deck of the ship in my sleeping bag just feeling the waves hit the side of the boat. I started to feel quite sea sick to the point were I had to just lay down. I eventually started to dry-heave over the side of the boat. So I went down to my room and got some gravel and woke up the boys for their watch. I came back up, and apparently fell asleep in my sleeping bag on the deck. I was woken up a few hours later and told to go back to my bed. I don't remember any of this. But yeah, the majority of the remainder of the trip was spent in my bed. I was only awake when i was eating or on watch. It was not very much fun. We did, however, play alot of games and go on some mini adventures. Every night we would play some rediculous game that Sam came up with then sing songs in the hold before eating a snack. During the day we set sail. It was fun to see some of the things that we could do with the ship. Two of the days we got into three smaller, much sketchier boats and rowed our selves to one of the many small islands near where we were sailing. This was fun... once we were out of the water. On the islands we got to run around and explore. We played with the many starfish we found and took some fun pictures. The S.A.L.T.S. crew had a few small games for us to play on the islands as well before rowing ourselves back to the big boat. Two of the nights we played a game called "TNT" aka. Tuck and Tidy. This was their way of making us clean our rooms. The boys won in the end. So they go to come up with a punishment for us girls. We were honestly terrified for what they had in store for us. They told us to change into clothes that we didn't mind getting wet or dirty. So we did just that. The majority of the girls were in either their bathing suits or a full body rain suit. The boys brought up two big buckets of slop and brought out the fire hose. We were scared. But then they brought up five white buckets with soap and water. They one by one washed our feet. It was so amazing. All fear left our bodies. This was a great way to end our week on bored the Pacific Grace. After the ship hit the dock and we all climbed out Ben was standing there ready to greet us. It was wonderful. We went to Starbucks before heading to the airport. After saying goodbye to Ben I climbed aboard my first Air Canada Jazz plane of the trip. I was now traveling from Victoria to Vancouver. This was a surprisingly short flight. It took the plane eleven minutes from take off to touch down. I then traveled to the gate of my next flight. I sat in the waiting room for a while before the announcers came on the intercom informing all Air Canada Jazz fliers that their system had crashed and they didn't know if this would be a quick fix or not. It turned out to be a not. I eventually found one of the Ness Lakers sitting in the same waiting room trying to get to Prince George. I was so excited to know someone in this huge airport. So the night dragged on, and we ended up being trapped there for a combined total of thirteen hours. It was brutal. I was exhausted. I ran downstairs in the morning to try and get on the first flight out. They put me on the seven am flight to Kelowna. So twelve hours later then expected I flew home. I eventually made it to Osoyoos for Nick and Michelle's wedding. I never thought I would be sitting in a random church watching my big brother get married. It was a weird feeling. I still don't know quite what I think about it, but that is another story for another day. The reception for the wedding was a blast. We literally danced the night away. I danced to almost every song and tore up that dance floor. The reception ended at midnight. That's when the younger crowd all headed up to the groomsmen's room. We just kept right on partying till we finally crashed. I slept like a baby that night. Then the next morning we made the trip back to Kelowna for a huge thanksgiving family dinner. It was amazing. Oh how I missed my cousins. I just love them. This morning I made the brutal trip back to Victoria, but of course not before doing some shopping with mom. Oh yay. I am finally home now. This week should be alot of homework and random adventures. Miss you all. Keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment