This last few days have definitely been alot different then anything I have really experienced before. Not only am I learning new things about living with female roomates and life as a family here, but also about life in general. I am being forced to trust these people that I have known less then a week with my everything. It is kind of a scary thought at first... but I am getting more comfortable with the idea.
But I guess it is still a little awkward in parts for everyone, we are all in a situation that nothing else could ever compare to. It is just generally crazy. So far we have been trying are hardest to just learn everyone's name, and maybe a few facts about them. We split up into two groups on Friday night and went on our first group outing. One of the van loads went all the way to Victoria to shop at MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-Op) and a few of the downtown local shops. While the other van headed to Duncan to go to Walmart and a small mall. Basicly, there were fun times had by all on these outings.
I can't wait to just get properly settled in and comfortable with the life here at camp Qwanoes. This place is just so gorgeous and I would love a chance to just sit back and enjoy it here. But all in due time I guess... Speaking of due time, I already need to have a book read and questions answered due in like a week for my first class starting the week after next. Intense is one of the many words I would use to discribe that whole situation. But I will be glad when it is done, and way less stressed.
So as I struggle through these first few challenges, while trying to bond with my new school mates I am just hoping that fun will be had and lots will be learned. But you never can tell what God has planned...
Bria!! I'm so excited to hear about your journey at Kaleo this year. (hope you don't mind that I'm reading your blog :) I hear you're in my old room! It's a good room..that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time at New Life too, I was there last year. The kids at the youth group are great, so much fun!
You are in my prayers!!!
Jordana